Saturday, December 27, 2008

Holiday Projects — NFS

I hope you have had a wonderful holiday- I wanted to share some of the projects I have been working on for friends and loved ones over the past week (and apologize for neglecting the blog). I have been wanting to do something with the beautiful bark from the dead cholla cacti in the yard - here is my first attempt at building a frame which I am pretty pleased with. The organic pattern of holes is irresistable/mesmorizing! The rustic and sculptural qualities, really serve as an extension of the southwestern genre.

I did a quick portrait of the family pet. My wife picked out her "steady" companion at the humane society 13 years ago so that there was another warm body in the house while I toiled deep into the night/morning at various Ad agencies! These days, she keeps ME company while I work deep into the night in the lonesome high desert of New Mexico :>)

3 comments:

Torrie Smiley said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! The newly repaired studio is such a joy. I made some changes and removed some clutter and paintings seem to be coming together easier~ it could just be my imagination!

I love your work, I like what you did with the boots, I did not get my boots finished. They were at the bottom of the pile in the studio. It has been fun following everyone on Karin's DSFDF blog. I am currently working on my portrait of the unknown. It is coming along well, but I do not have a lot of portrait experience~ so it is a challenge. I can't wait to see yours!

Torrie

Tom Pohlman said...

Thanks Torrie! Good luck with your portrait. -Tom

b4u1994 said...

You know I love the animal ones! Using the dead cacti for framework was genius! Can't wait to see which paintings get picked for the foundation. :)

Tracy