Monday, January 25, 2010

Putting a face on a chicken


This is my entry for the High Plains Prairie Chicken Festival (Milnesand, NM)~ the New Mexico Department of Game & Fish is trying to raise awareness for this native bird (recently removed from the endangered species list). I used the contest as an excuse to do something a little outside of the box (in the form of a shadowbox)~ all constructed out of corrugated cardboard and painted with acrylic (with the addition of some yucca seed pods~ part of the birds natural habitat). I don't know if you can tell~ but I had a blast pushing the boundries of found objects (an old moving box in my garage and flora from my backyard) :>) It was a win, win, win project~ for me, the Lesser Prairie Chicken and my wall!

4 comments:

-Don said...

Excuse me, sir, but I do not believe you are allowed to have this much fun. I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to settle down, Mister!...

Great job, Tom, for a good cause.

May the fun never end...

-Don

Gary Keimig said...

Well that is certainly an original concept. And no cholla?
Nice job, Tom.

L.Holm said...

Hi, Tom - thought I commented here, but must not have. LOVE your creativity and this 3-d work.

Tom Pohlman said...

Thanks for humoring me on this one guys! It was a fun departure :>)